All About Quartz Countertops
Arguably the most durable material for countertops, quartz is composed of natural quartz stone pieces, mixed together with resin, polymers and pigments. Technology has enabled us to create quartz countertops that can mimic natural granite and marble with lots of movement, veining and random patterning. Or, for a smoother appearance, the granite pieces are finely ground which allows for a sleek, clean look. This versatility makes it a great option for any design style. Because it’s manufactured, the colours are very consistent, which is helpful when selecting colour choices for a whole room ahead of time.
- Easy to maintain, doesn’t require regular sealing
- Non porous, stain resistant, crack resistant, extremely durable
- Available in multiple thicknesses, allowing it to be used in many applications; countertops, shower surrounds, walls, fireplace surrounds and so much more.
- Several brands of quartz can contribute to LEED certification as they do not off-gas or contain any VOC’s.
- Can be more expensive than some types of granite, however, it’s less expensive than exotic granite
- Quartz is heat resistant, however, it’s possible to discolour the resin with high heat
Take a peek at our favourite brands, Cambria and Caesarstone.
Talk to Our Designers About What’s Best for You
Whether you’re in love with the idea of a quartz countertop, or still looking for some choices, our designers are here to help. When you book a free consultation, we’ll sit down with you and help you create a design and renovation plan that works for you.