Type: Full-time apprenticeship
We are looking for an experienced apprentice carpenter with a proficient understanding of all residential renovation aspects. Must be organized, detail oriented and have a willingness to learn. Most importantly, you must be customer service-oriented and a great team member.
- Read blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of materials needed.
- Cut and shape lumber and other material according to measurements.
- Install windows, doors, as well as load bearing and partition walls by using raw materials and/or pre-constructed items.
- Lay out flooring, roofing’s, or drywall ensuring they are leveled and compatible.
- Install cabinetry, shelves and other items where designated.
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures.
- 2-5 years of proven experience as an apprentice carpenter.
- Hands-on experience in working with residential materials.
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (ie: powered saws, hammers, drills etc).
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings.
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times.
- Proficient knowledge in English.
- Good understanding of basic math.
- Good physical condition and endurance.
- High school diploma.
- Must have a valid “G” licence and own vehicle.