Wyndale Kitchen – Cream Cabinets and Sea Green Glass
This new kitchen makes best use of space with glass blocks behind the range hood – perfect for letting the light in! Full turn-key renovation with all labour, design and project management provided.
- Expanded kitchen by combining kitchen and eating area.
- Soft creamy painted cabinetry with some glass door cabinets in the dining room.
- Hyde Park Cambria quartz countertops with buildup edge.
- Mint green glass backsplash tiles for a splash of colour.
- Built in appliances create a streamlined, contemporary look.
- Plenty of cabinetry inserts and drawers for convenient storage.
A key challenge with the layout came up in the positioning of the stove. The new building code prohibits us from placing the stove within six inches of a lateral wall (and we wanted to put it in a more central location anyway). It looked like we would have to either sacrifice natural light by removing the window or else lose an entire cabinet.
The solution? Use the window as a backsplash! The glass blocks cut down on glare and camouflage a ho-hum view.