Thornbury – A Galley Kitchen with Personality
A new layout and lots of personality in this kitchen. Full turn-key renovation with all labour, design and project management provided.
- Removed a portion of wall to open up the kitchen to the dining area. The new, expanded layout includes a peninsula with room for stools.
- Rich stained maple cabinetry with Cambria Cambrian Black quartz.
- Focal wall is created with chimney range hood, open shelves and backsplash tile to the ceiling.
- Plenty of lighting including pot lights, pendants and under-cabinet lighting
- New 12″ x 24″ tile flooring with 1/3 offset.
It seems almost automatic to put the sink in front of the window. In favour of creating a focal wall as you enter the kitchen, our designer opted to put the range to the right of the window.
The challenge then became how to create balance on the other side of the range. Rather then placing a upper cabinet, the designer opted to go with floating shelves which are visually lighter. This tricks the eye and the “white” space around the chimney hood seems airy and balanced!