This kitchen was rearranged and opened up to allow a completely different way of living in the space. With the wall between the kitchen and family room removed, one window in the old eating area deleted and the doorway to the dining room moved over and enlarged, we were able to take a relatively small, closed off, u-shaped kitchen with a separate eating area and turn it into a large inviting kitchen with a huge island with room for stools, while improving traffic flow and sightlines at the same time. A pantry with roll outs, spice pull out, a double garbage pull out, lots of drawers for storage and an abundance of counter space make the space much more functional than the original kitchen!
Renovation Highlights include:
- Complete re-arrangement of space
- Hardwood added to kitchen and remainder of main level hardwood was refinished
- Two colours for cabinetry plus a stained wood for the open shelving
- Hanstone Montauk countertops
- Layered lighting achieved with the use of pot lights in kitchen and family room, under cabinet puck lights and pendants over the island, all on dimmers to allow flexibility.