The Moorecroft Kitchen: Lighter, Brighter, and Cheerier
This kitchen renovation was designed to brighten the space and add a cheery element. One of the key features is the incorporation of the customer’s existing kitchen table into the new granite countertop, giving a very contemporary look and feel. The white cabinetry with a Kashmir cream granite countertop and decorative lighting makes this space a joy to work in or to team up with family and friends for a great cooking party.
Renovation highlights include:
- Chalk painted table legs in custom colour.
- The counter top is a Kashmir cream granite with a simple square edge.
- The decorative light over the table is: Nuevo, Zeus – has a 60 watt STANDARD bulb base (HGVF404 gold).
- Detail of the integration of granite to existing table: The original table was approximately 30 x 60″. It was reconfigured to extend along one side to increase the over hand so seating could be accommodated.
- Lights over the working section of the island are: Nuevo, Karl (JR). They have a 40 watt candelabra base – HGMO134 – white with gold interior, 9.5″ diameter.
- Custom designed, integrated organizer with chalkboard and magazine holder.
- Custom walnut floating shelf with integrated functioning puck lights.
- The backsplash is: Sarana Tile, Deco D’Antan, (TRESBLGRI), white and grey in a 24″ x 24″.
The homeowner wanted to incorporate her beautifully worn dining room table into the her new kitchen, and the finished result is absolutely genius. The warm wood table top and quartz meet together and compliment each other so well! With the skills of the design and execution team, they were able to bring the client’s vision to life and build a one-of-a-kind and highly functional island.
The rest of the kitchen reinforces the look. Mixing different metals, two tone cabinets and fun patterned tiles create a fun loving space for the whole family to enjoy!