A complete transformation in layout for this main floor. The client loves cooking and wanted a larger, more functional kitchen while opening it up to the rest of the main floor. The living room wasn’t being used, so we relocated the dining room into that space, allowing us to extend the kitchen area. A coffee bar area was a must, and we worked that in to perfectly fit the height needed for the coffee maker. This project included removing two load bearing walls. Ductwork was relocated and run inside the tray ceiling which was carried around the whole room to create a feature.
Renovation highlights include:
- Removing two load bearing walls, installing one flush beam, one drop beam and relocating ductwork to maintain airflow to the second floor
- Patching in and refinishing hardwood flooring
- Painting fireplace mantle and staircase handrail/spindles
- A soft colour palette of creamy whites/taupe coordinating in cabinetry, countertops and all the tones picked up in the Angora Herringbone backsplash
- Island countertop is Hanstone Yorkville, Perimeter is Silestone Coral Clay