The Goodman Kitchen: Contemporary Convenience with Traditional Style
This was a large project designed to completely change the character of this home. It included totally re-making the kitchen, as well as front halls, laundry room, powder room, stairwell, mudroom, and adding a beverage centre.
Some of the unique elements in the kitchen include:
- San Francisco style copper hood, 54″ wide x 36″ high x 24″ deep, in a medium antiqued copper finish with heavy hammer design, 3 straps, NO rivets, apron pattern #7 that is centered on apron.
- The backsplash is composed of:
- Field tile ~ Sarana Tile, Handmade series in 3 x 12 Panna Cotta colour, set in a brick / half offset pattern.
- Accent tiles ~ White Jade / Dark Border / Herring Bone.
- WJ4039 – HERR – MHP, in a 12 x 12 mesh.
- Plus a border of Noble Grey / Dark Liner ( NGDRK – LM12 – MHP) 3/4″ x 12.
- Walnut island.
- Walnut floating shelves with integrated LED puck lights.
Large windows and angled walls create a bit of a challenge and require some out-of-the-box thinking. With the use of custom cabinetry the designer was able to re-imagine the space and come up with unique storage solutions and maximize the floor plan.
Floating shelves let the natural sunlight shine in and keep the space feeling light as well as balancing out the heavy use of tall cabinets and built in appliances on the adjacent wall. Wood and copper elements where used throughout to make for a warm and cozy space.