Our team helps you navigate the sometimes overwhelming renovation and design process using our collective expertise and experience. Our goal is to make the renovation process as easy as possible by resourcing and managing the entire project from conception, through construction, to final completion. During the process, you will work closely with your designer, project coordinator and installation manager to ensure your project’s success.
Meet our Team
- "The Day She discovers her wings, she knows there'll be no stopping her" - Unknown
- My guilty pleasure - A spoonful of Nutella
- The most unexpected item in my trunk - Fishing Rod
As far back as Cyndi can remember, she has been sketching out floor plans and collecting paint chips with her father when they would take a trip to the hardware store. After successfully completing the Interior Decorating program at Algonquin College, she knew she wanted to further herself and specialize in Kitchen and Bathroom Design. Cyndi sees each project as a jigsaw puzzle, at first it's a challenge with so many pieces, but once you work out all of the possibilities, she finds great satisfaction in "laying the last piece"! Her passion for design is undeniable. When she is away from her computer, you can find her relaxing by the campfire roasting the best marshmallow you will ever have.
- Can't live without MY SMARTPHONE! And my kids!
- "You have no control over what other people do/don't do, you only have control over how you react to it!" - My Gram
- The Website I Visit Most - Houzz
Helen loves working with people. Understanding what they want in a design, and delivering it to them is her passion. Through many years in the kitchen design industry she has excelled at putting onto paper what people are thinking. She pulls together the component parts, taking into consideration colours, textures, and aesthetics to create the space that is unique and functional for her clients' needs and desires. She loves spending time with her husband, two daughters, and Charlie (that's her dog in case you're wondering). To recharge her batteries after a busy week (or month) she loves to get out on a lake in a boat to let the cool breeze bring about refreshment to her soul.
- Bucket list item - Play golf at Pebble Beach
- Coffee - double double, contractor special
- Can't Live Without - competitive sports
Jeff has been building things ever since he could pick up a hammer. Carpentry has not only been an occupation for him, but a passion for the last few decades. He can usually be found discussing the latest theories in building science for hours on end even though those around have long fallen asleep. Restoring muscle cars and riding dirt bikes, snowmobiles and anything else that runs on gasoline is also a guilty pleasure. But nothing can compare to the adventures of the day that his son dreams up, like skipping stones, jumping in puddles or making pirate ships out of couch cushions.
- Favourite Movie Character - Squints, The Sandlot
- Best Vintage Find - 1976 Ibanez Concord Acoustic Guitar
- Design Icon - Francis D.K. Ching (Frank Ching)
Jeff can't remember a time when he wasn't involved in construction in some form or another. When he was young he worked with his Dad and Uncles to build family cottages. This grew through high school and he became a student of Architecture. He has a love for the details. For him, a working drawing, whether it's a full set of house plans or simple beam connection, is like a work of art. When he’s not working or busy with family, his favourite way to pass time is music. He has a growing collection of both acoustic and electric guitars and amplifiers. When time permits he loves to play and sing with the guys in Barlow & Co.
- Current Obsession - my biweekly basket of fruit/veggies from a local farmer
- Website I Visit Most - TheKitchn
- Best Vintage Find: Sterling silver hand raised vase
Design and Sales Innovation
- Favourite movie character is Obe-Wan Kenobi
- Guilty Pleasure - Reading a history book while sipping grand marnier
- Bucketlist - Visit Istanbul (I love history)
- "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footsteps on the moon" - Unknown
- Can't live without - My Bike
- Fun Fact - I'm a Twin
Superstar In Training
Matt has always been into fixing things and building, throughout high school he worked as a mechanic at a local bike shop which really helped his problem-solving skills. After highschool he went to Ottawa U for civil engineering. It took 4 years for him to realize he enjoyed working with hammer and nails rather than pen and paper. He took some time off from school and focused on his other passion for a year- sports. He raced on a competitive cycling team and was keen to go back to school the next fall. Matt enrolled in Cabinet and Furniture making and loved the rewarding feeling of seeing a project come to life. Matt joined the Copperstone team in March 2016 and continues to strive for success!
- Design Tip - When you have an obstacle - make it a feature
- Famous for Cooking - Spicy Cajun shrimp
- Bucketlist - Eat again in Thailand
Installation and Renovation Specialist
- Favourite Actor - Al Pacino
- Paint Colour - Mocha Torte
- Bucket List item - See a major golf tournament live
- Guilty Pleasure - Country Music
- Movie Character - Don Corleone (The God Father)
- Bucket List - Learn Blacksmithing
Roy has extensive background in the renovation realm, and has spent years honing his skills and techniques. The world of tile installation is a passion for him and he enjoys the challenge of a complex tile design. Some tasks test patience, but the end result always makes it worth while. There is nothing like the pleasure of seeing the look of gratitude on a customer’s face when they see the final product. His other significant passion is his wife and two sons, whom he enjoys spending time with when not at work.
- Favourite sports team - SENATORS and JAYS!
- Best Tip - Hire a designer 🙂 - don't watch HGTV!
- "Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Photo Diary of a Kitchen Renovation
Follow The Westwoods journey as they go through a Kitchen Renovation. The Westwoods wanted our professional expertise to make their dreams a reality. The layout and functionality worked, so the focus was to update the look. ...